Friday, January 7, 2011

Happy Friday!

Happy Friday everyone.  I hope you are having a better day than me so far.  I'm currently dealing with a leaking water heater that's flooded a portion of our basement.   I've gotten the pool of water under control and while I eagerly await the plumbers I thought it might be nice to escape into the lala land that is the work of legendary Italian fashion designer Valentino Garavani.  While he isn't my most favorite designer of all time, during his life Valentino produced some of the worlds most stunning garments.  He truly met the definition of haute couture in that his designs were often so elaborate and impractical to produce, requiring an immense amount of labor to create.  They are truly art pieces.  Here is a sampling of some of his most dramatic creations.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what do you think?